Saturday, August 24, 2013

65 Days

65 days.... It's been 65 days since I've had a cigarette in my mouth. Most of the people who read this will think "Good for her" or "I can't believe she's stuck with it"  Trust me, I would totally be in the latter group. But this time, I haven't cheated. Haven't bummed a puff or a cig-- which has never happened. Oh I've tried to quit before-- and I might not have had a cig in 6 months. I'm in a bar, having some cocktails and I cave. I bum a cig from someone and while I'm smoking it, minding my own business, some a**hole will come flying up to me, shouting" I thought you quit!!!" Shit that used to make me mad. Then I'd  think, Screw it .... I can't stop. Where's a flippin Quik Trip?? 
I remember thinking " I will not buy a pack of cigarettes that costs more than a dollar."  THAT'S how long I've been smoking. 😞
And the crazy thing is, I don't want one. I haven't been impossible to live with. And I'm losing weight. 11% of my goal gone. 
I don't want to fuel my body with crap anymore. Last week I needed some quick food and stopped by McD's for an old fave--a plain hamburger. I squirted my extra pack of ketchup on it, and noticed the color was weird. Oh Nancy, it's just the light in the car. I ate it and immediately started to regret it. WTF do they put in those things?!?!? An hour later I was certainly glad I was home! The proverbial saying " shit through a goose" came to mind. TMI? Sorry. 
I can't help but think this is mostly due to the vitamins I'm taking. 
I NEVER want my friends to cross the street when they see me coming, but I'm   telling you they are making me feel good! I turned my friend Chris onto them-- she said " I don't want to sell them. I don't care what they are or what they cost. I just want whatever you're taking" 
I texted her to see how things were going and she said she was down 7 lbs in a week (with Weight Watchers help as well--which we all know IS the best way to eat) and she said she felt great. I'm excited for her!!
I do have to admit, Small Cakes is ahead-- but only by one bite. They are delish, but it was too much sugar for me. Holy cow who's talking!!??!! Too sweet? I'm going to go look in the mirror and make sure the pod people haven't taken over. 
TTFN




No comments:

Post a Comment